Monday, October 13, 2008

Here Comes The Bride...

This weekend Reagan and Katie were sealed in the Mount Timpanogos Temple. The wedding festivities began with a wedding dinner on Thursday night. The Peck family sure knows how to throw a great party! We had the dinner at the North Hampton Inn in American Fork. The food was absolutely FANTASTIC! They had two options; steak and chicken cordon bleu. I chose the chicken and it was honestly the size of my calf and the steak was almost the size of my foot - Riley and I were in heaven! After a delicious meal we had the traditional wedding toasts where everyone gives advice and usually sheds a tear or two. However, Reagan wanted to spice up the party a bit and throw in some Greek traditions (Reagan's mom is Greek). After each toast the "toaster" had to break a plate by throwing it on the ground. Diane found the plates for only $0.50 which is a great deal except they were almost a 1/2" thick - some had to try multiple times for the plate to finally shatter - it was hilarious! The next morning we had a beautiful ceremony at the temple. It is a favorite of mine to attend the wedding ceremony and to enjoy the spirit inside of the temple. The sealer gave some beautiful but very simple advice to Reagan and Katie. He advised that they lose themselves in the service of one another, he also adviced that they compliment and express their love often and easily. He counseled them to attend the temple frequently with one another and to set an example for their children. He reiterated many times how important it is to follow the example of those who have gone before and to continue to set an example for their children who will follow. I treasure moments like this because they are simple reminders to me of my many blessings. Riley, Kennady and my family are everything to me and because of the sealing power we will be together forever and to me that is exactly what heaven should be!I think the wedding colors were beautiful and fit a fall wedding perfectly. The men had brown tuxes and the girls were in champaign, gold and pink. We had some scary moments with the bridesmaid tops but thanks to Cindy (my neighbor) and a long day of shopping we found something that wouldn't be humiliating! I really thought everything looked beautiful that night at the reception.
Here is my cute little Kennady Lou! I think I kissed her cheeks off that night - she looked adorable. Thanks to my girlfriend all of the flower girls had matching bows and pearl bracelets - they looked so cute!
Here are the handsome men - Reagan wanted the groomsmen in cowboy boots which sounds silly but I thought their whole get up looked fantastic!
My little family - if it looks like we are freezing it's because we are! Luckily, the outdoor wedding was moved indoor so we only had to endure the cold for the pictures. Thank you Randy, Diane, Annie and Sam for a wonderful wedding weekend! Everything flowed so well and will be a wonderful memory for all of us! Also, congratulations Katie and Reagan! Like they care though they are on their honeymoon and I'm sure checking blogs will be the last thing on their mind :)

2 comments:

Kateka said...

You look gorgeous! I love little Kennady's dress!

Grandma Lou said...

Hey Krissie--
Speaking of the size of the food at the wedding dinner, I would have been impressed a year ago with the size of the chicken. . . "size of your thighs", but you have lost so much weight lately, you're a toothpick, and that makes the chicken pretty small. Ha, Ha!!! I couldn't resist. Love, Mom
PS--Kennady LOU is adorable, you and Riley are/were pretty cute, too.