Friday, October 3, 2008

To Murder or Not To Murder...That is the Question

Many of you are aware of my husband's love for hunting (aka murdering). I knew this was something he enjoyed before marriage and I was willing to accept it with open arms. He has always invited and encouraged me to accompany him on his hunting trips and so I have grown to LOVE hunting with him. I think the reason is in four years I have ALWAYS missed the actual kill of the animal. So hunting was more like a beautiful ride through the mountains looking for beautiful animals - enjoyable right? I was sure naive to think my lucky and bloodless streak could continue for much longer. Last weekend Riley took Kennady and myself on an antelope hunt let's just say not one, not two, not three but FOUR dead antelope later I think I had hit my limit of death for a VERY long time. Let me just say that my hot dog in my chili dog was left untouched that night for dinner. No matter how unappetizing this experience was I will still support Riley, I'll just make sure the killing happens when I am not around :)The men and their kill...ugh!
Brandon, Riley, Reagan, Cory
These boys are just so fun that even though there was a lot of blood that weekend they made it enjoyable - thanks guys!

We slept in Brandon and Lizzie's tent trailor. I have been converted and someday when Riley and I have money we will get one that king sized bed was heavenly!
We drove around in this truck looking for the antelope. That of course got uncomfortable on the bumpy roads so someone came up with the idea to place our chairs in the back, Could we be anymore "White Trash"? However, our comfort was first priority and we hunted the hills in style!
I think Kennady supports her Dad's hunts 100% she smiled the whole trip!
There is nothing like a family photo with a dead animal - a little morbid don't you think?


5 comments:

Kateka said...

Oh my gosh, I would just die, DDDIIIEEE!! Die just like these antelope! I can't believe Kennaday is getting teeth already!

Brandon Wright said...

I LOVE the picture of you 3 in front of our tent trailer. I'm pretty sure I took that AMAZING picture! I mostly love Kennady's grin with her hand to her face. he he

The Richardsons said...

Krista-
That is so funny! You are a nerd! I think that you are brave too at least try it out! The first time my sister in law went hunting with my obsessed brother hunting, she was so excited too have a romantic hike through the woods and hold hands. Well after she was lost and he was not too be found she sat on a log and cryed! Lets just say she hasn't been on the actual hunt since! She just brings a good book instead! Me and Caleb are working on our hunter safety so we can go elk hunting next year. I am nervous I will fell bad after, but my brother says it is a rush. How morbid is that??? Betsey
calebrichardsonfamily.blogspot.com

Angela, Grady and Boys said...

That seriously cracks me up! I think I'd feel the same though...it makes me sad to see the 4 little heads lying there in the truck! And why didn't you wipe the poor antelopes bloody nose before you decided to take a family picture with it??!! GROSS!! Anyways, sounds like fun, other than the murdering part!

Christensen's said...

Jed is going hunting this weekend with his Dad and brothers. I almost hope they don't get anything because I don't know where I would store all the meat!