Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Eighty Seven He's Almost In Heaven (not really it just rhymed!)

Happy Birthday Grandpa Perry
This weekend was my Grandpa's 87th birthday and oh what a birthday bash we had! I'd just like to say I don't think there is any other family like the Perry family that is more willing to PARTY!!! My uncle Doug came into town from Oregon to celebrate my Grandpa's birthday with him. My Dad, Uncle Doug, Grandpa and my uncle Alan attended the BYU game on Saturday afternoon. A few of the other family members decided to get together at my place for the game on TV before cake that night with Grandpa. Diana and I had talked and we planned on making pizza for our families. Thinking we'd need a couple of pizzas to feed my mom and the rest of us we thought one batch of dough would be just right. However, the Italian blood must give my family an increased ability to sniff out pizza, before the night was through we had a huge group to feed - I absolutely loved it! We ended up quadrupling the dough and mass producing eight large pizzas. I think after that night any plans that Diana and I had about opening a pizza parlor are now officially dead - just kidding it really wasn't bad we had a good time! I'd just like to say thank you to my wonderful family who is so supportive and eager to spend time with one another - you are all welcome back ANYTIME! Cousin Jeffrey, Alayna, Grandma, Cousin AJ, and Jared all hovering over the oven for the next available piece of pizza
Trying to get a smiling picture of my Grandpa is virtually impossible. I'm not kidding I have about five shots of this same pose with his birthday cake and then with my Grandma and these are the BEST out of all of them. If anyone is photogenic in my family I know it comes from dear old Grandma Lucy!


2 comments:

Grandma Lou said...

Happy B-day Grandpa!!!! I think the family picture turned out great though! He's looking at the camera in that one!! Your pizza was the best--and I think you should think about starting up a pizzeria!!! Thanks for being so generous and tidy, Krista!!!! Wink, wink!!! Love, Mom

Christensen's said...

Wow! Your family is growing! I can't believe how cute all the little kids are!