Monday, December 8, 2008

Merry Christmas


Last night I had the opportunity to watch the broadcast of the First Presidency Christmas message. I am always touched by the humility and love of these brethren, especially when they testify of our Savior and His birth. I believe it was President Uchtdorf who described the simplistic surroundings of the first Christmas. He was not born in a mansion with fine silk and a warm bed. Instead, He was born in a manger and wrapped in swaddling clothes. The birth and life of Jesus Christ is the most important event that occurred in history and yet it was accompanied by the most humble of surroundings, I love that simple lesson. If those surroundings were enough for Him I imagine a humble Christmas celebration should be enough for me. I am grateful for the reminder that the real and only important gift was already given so many Christmas' ago. I imagine the best way to celebrate His birth is by following His example and serving others, I hope we can all find more joy this season by doing that!


MERRY CHRISTMAS!
*If you missed the broadcast you can watch it at www.lds.org!

3 comments:

Kateka said...

Krista, I just love you. I am so thankful for your optomism and the reminder to make thankful for the little things. I am so glad we can watch the broadcast still online! I didn't see it, but am going to spend my next hour here at work doing so! :)

Courtney said...

Yea, we totally missed that one. Our ward didnt announce it, instead we watched a hallmark movie about a guy with terrets (sp?). It was really good, not spiritual, but good. Also, the pic with Kennady in a plastic bin brings back so many memories......

Christensen's said...

I loved the broadcast! All of the speakers were so great! It made me want to go and do something for someone. It reminded me that Christmas isn't always about store bought gifts.