Monday, May 4, 2009

Things I don't want to forget....

I haven't blogged in far TOO long so I have quite a few posts of random activities that I don't want to forget and since my blog is a help for my journal I figured I'd better do it....
WICKED
Randy and Diane are so generous in every way but especially when it comes to giving their kids a little bit of culture...they have taken us to Les Mis, Riverdance, Mama Mia and now WICKED!!! My parents always get tickets and come with us as well so it's a pretty fun night. My mom and I went shopping that afternoon to get fun outfits for our date. We all went to PF Changs for dinner - oh I'm drooling about it now even a week later, it was delicious!!! For those of you who have enjoyed Wicked you'll agree with me that it was fabulous. The music was great and the story was so creative - thank you Randy and Diane for the fun and FREE night! My mom and dad at PF Changs
Some of the Pecks at the Capitol Theater


Randy and Diane

Dinner at PF Changs



Right before the play


GREEK EASTER
Riley's mom is Greek and so are the other fifty million aunts and uncles on that side of the family. Each year Yia Yia (Grandma Goris) gets us together for a HUGE gathering of Greek relatives for Greek Easter. It was a beautiful day in the sun with the most delicious Greek food.

The grandkids were attacking Papa (Randy)


Randy and Diane sitting in the sun watching the rest of the family playing catch



Riley and Yia Yia

FAMILY HOME EVENING IN THE GARDEN
My Grandma and Grandpa Perry have been out of town for almost four months so the garden and WEEDS were out of control. They are returning home tomorrow so Riley and I recruited the help of our family to get the garden into shape for their return. It looked so good after everyone put in a few hours and helped one night for FHE. We were so grateful for the help. Not only will G & G Perry appreciate but so do Riley and I we would've been working on the weeds for DAYS...
Even the tiniest of the kids helped with the weeds that night...



Good little Jake he is a big helper...

Livvy and Conner


Riley, Me and my mom. It was good my mom was there because we took out a few things that we thought were weeds that she replanted - thanks mom!

Diana the Queen...she is on a bedrest for the baby that is growing inside so we'll let her be lazy this one time...





Kennady and Allie the princesses....they took after Diana's example!

EASTER
The Peck Easter is something I look forward to EVERY year. I think it is because they spoil the adults and not the kids...finally one of the holidays we get a little bit of fun :) Randy and Diane set out an adult Easter egg hunt and we totally walk away with a large loot of stuff. This year RIley and I got three new DVDs, $25, $10 gc to Chilis and $10 GC to the movies....we couldn't believe our good luck! Thanks for the fun memories we love it....

Here we are holding the goods from the easter egg hunt...


Of course the kids don't get left out completely they also get a TON of candy!



Laurie and I love this tradition



Hunting for eggs


The cute Peck family...I love them!





Randy and Diane with Kennady and her Easter shoes. She was so excited about these that she did a little dance....

THE LITTLE RASCALS
It is dangerous to let the three of these kids play together all alone for very long...it undoubtably ends up in trouble!

The three of them got into Shandra's make up bag and through base all over her bathroom and all over themselves. They also through many things into the bathtub and filled it with water. The bathroom was a mess....


They were caught in the act but still smiling...


All of the goods that were soaked with water and covered in makeup

KENNADY
Here are a few shots of Kennady, she loves to pick out her shoes and hats for the day. We often go places with mismatching shoes because that is her responsibility




Riley often wishes he could see Kennady more but he spends a lot of time at school so we wanted to see if she would fit in his backpack....she did so I think I might send her with him tomorrow.


5 comments:

Kateka said...

Wow, the Peck's are so cool! Tell them to adopt me!

Christensen's said...

Wow...lots of fun things! I am jealous you were able to go to Wicked. I want to see it so bad! It was good to see you the other night!

Diana said...

Where do I begin to comment? I love the back pack picture, that's hilarious! Yeah, I wish I could have helped out with the gardening, but apparently I was too busy teaching the little girls how to be a real princess. You all looked fantastic at Wicked. What a fun night. I am so glad that Alayna has taught Kennady the ways of style! You know there is no hope for her once she develops her own sense of style. I still fight that battle everyday and Alayna is four!Yes, those three babies are just TROUBLE...or would that be just mine trying to recruit them all to playing in things! AHHH. Oh, and don't give me the line "finally a holiday you wait for" The Pecks do all holidays amazing...Superbowl? Do I need to remind you of that holiday? Either way, they treat you right. You havent' blogged for a while, so welcome back!!! :)

Grandma Lou said...

How did I miss out on the "3 muskateers" escapades in Shan's tub??? What a riot!!! Glad I get to pick and choose my time with them!!! Love, Mom PS-Kennady is as cute as ever!!!

Betsy Fox said...

What a fun family you have. LUCKY you getting to go see wicked. We've been listening to the music, but have yet to go see it.