Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Great Outdoors....

We went camping with the Peck fam in Beaver for the bow hunt. This is a favorite spot of ours, it is beautiful and very secluded. Randy got a deer on Monday morning, it was a beautiful three point. Riley has the pics on his camera so I'll have to post one later.

Riley, Jordan (Lexi's Boyf), Rem

The boys are looking for Rem's arrow after he took a shot at a nice buck, this was his first year and he did a great job.


Jordan and Lexi

Randy and Diane

We enjoyed an afternoon of "cornhole" which is a game that Reagan built that is pretty silly but VERY competitive.

Court and Lex with "cornhole"

Here is my cute mountain man, Riley buzzed his head before the hunt. I love Riley's overalls he is such a farmer!

Reagan spoiled Nadie with a bunch of 4-wheeler rides.

Another family favorite is Frisbee Golf

Jordan, Lex, Court, Rem



Riley, Me

Here are some pics of Riley's job that he has with the DWR. He is working this summer for the division and for his research project with BYU so he spends his days in the mountains, I think he has found his nitch in life :) He was population counting the other day and came across some moose, it ended up charging him. Luckily, he was in a truck so he is alive to share the story.

Some might look at this picture and think Riley is holding up a DEAD bear.....no no no...it is actually ALIVE!!!! Can you believe that? I am still livid that he would dare sit and hold a LIVING bear even if it is sedated. You never know the medicine could've worn off a little early.

The other weekend the Peck boys traveled to Colorado to see a Chicago Cubbies game, ever since then Riley wants to name our little boy, Rigley (after Wrigley field). Ugh, it will take a TON of inspiration for me if that is the name we choose.



I love this picture - these boys are cubbies fans through the good and the bad and of course with the cubs there is a A LOT of bad! :)

4 comments:

Kateka said...

I can not believe he is touching a live bear!! AHHHH!

Christensen's said...

Looks fun! I am glad that Riley enjoys his job. I wish Jed would find a job that he looked forward to everyday. Looks like you had a great time camping. Tell Ri congrats on his deer...Jed would be jealous...they didn't get a tag this year :(

Christensen's said...

I meant to tell you, I ran into your mom and Shan at the children's museum the other day. I was surprised to see how big Shan's children were. They are all grown up! It was fun to visit with your mom!

J and K Sabey said...

Really...Rigley?! That is what I have wanted to name my son since before high school (but Wrigley). But I obviously don't have a son.