Thursday, August 6, 2009

We are aLiVe!

Here is a quick recap of the last month. Life is great. I hope you are all doing well! Kennady turned two and Reagan turned 25 last weekend, we had a luau to celebrate! I like to make a bday cake that reminds me of Kennady so this year a sea turtle was perfect. First, she LOVES the song "I had a baby turtle, his name was tiny tim..." and second she has a cute rolly neck with lots of skin which reminds me of a turtle :)


She got a bike from Nana for her bday. She also got some cute clothes from my mom - thanks for spoiling her!
The birthday boy, Reagan. We roasted a pig and he had to eat the tongue since the party was for him, ugh!
Riley led some brave souls in the haka dance...hilarious.

We had a hula hoop contest. I took third place, I think the prego tummy helped.


The pig
Here is our little two year old...she is so FUN and FULL of spunk!

Diane got luau outfits for the girls, they are adorable.



Riley got Kennady a pink bat, ball and glove for her bday - she loves watching baseball with dad. I'm hoping she'll change her mind and begin loving the food network with me...no luck so far.



Kennady watching her cake turn into one stinkin' cute turtle.




I watched my neices and nephew on Nadie's bday for the afternoon. They were there to help with the cake decorating. The house was a disaster but we had fun.



Here are some pics of the 4th of July

Riley's parents, i love this picture.

Riverton parade

I remodeled Kennady's room since we can't have a purple all with the boy that will be joining our family soon. So I painted it blue..ADORABLE! I will have this color in my house one day...maybe even every room, I love it that much.

I covered our ugly bookshelf with a sheet/curtain that I made with pictures that Kennady loves to look at.



We went camping at the spruces






Riley brought his field guide books to look up every plant, flower and animal I love my biologist!

There is nothing better and more messier than a campfire marshmallow!

We had a chance to go to the temple open house with my grandparents, aunt and cousin that were in town. Grandpa spoiled Kennady and gave her a ride all around. It was a beautiful day!





Ashley and I bought a season pass to Classic, we've been only a few times but it has been really fun! Especially our cafe rio stops after :)


I hope you all have a wonderful last few weeks of summer, I don't post often but I do check your blogs, it looks like life is great for everyone!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Great post Krista! I am amazed that you made that cake! You are so creative! OH, and the PIG! It looks like it was a true luau!

Christensen's said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe how skinny you still are! Kennady is growing up. I love the turtle cake and the luau pictures!

Diana said...

It's about time! ha ha ha. I LOVE the picture of Grandpa and Kennady together. That is adorable. He's actually smiling. So cute.

JakeandAsh said...

Krista, I totally forgot about Kennady's birthday. I am such a bad friend!!! Tell her Jordan says Happy Birthday! I don't see you for two weeks and you have painted, made a cool cake, sewed a few things, went to the temple and had a fun party! Wow, you are the most ambitious person I know! And you look great by the way, it makes me sick! :)