Monday, November 10, 2008

Keep Up The Good Work...

Kennady is helping Riley study for a test.....
Most of you know that Riley is finishing up the last year of his Bachelor's degree at the U. He is graduating in Biology which has caused him to take some very trying classes. I always thought my degree in Mathematics was somewhat difficult...Ha! I didn't know difficult until I looked at one of Riley's textbooks! The stuff he is required to know and the terms he has to understand, let alone PRONOUNCE, are out of this world. Literally, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the terms and words he uses are from a long lost language off of the planet Saturn. For the past few months the hustle and bustle of Riley's life has stepped up a notch or two. He is currently working for the Division of Wildlife Resources 10-20 hours a week, working for Mountainland Exteriors at night, as well as his new position this semester at the Museum of Natural History as an assistant to a Professor which is an additional 15 hours a week. He recently studied for and took the GRE (entrance exam for graduate school). A little side note about the GRE we received his scores back and we couldn't have been happier with the results. The scores were right where they needed to be to make his application competitive - way to go Riley! He is currently emailing professors and researching different topics for his Master's project as well as applying to five different schools for Fall 2009. He is dealing with all of this in addition to the difficulty and stress that a typical semester of college provides. Wow...who needs a nap after hearing all of that? Riley, I am so proud of you. I am constantly amazed with your ability to handle the stresses of life with perfect balance and ease. With so many areas fighting for your time and attention I know your faith and family are always in the forefront. I admire your commitment even when times get difficult and our goals seem out of reach. Thank you for working so hard to provide for our family and to prepare for our future. We have many adventures coming our way and I can't wait to experience them with you! I love you.

5 comments:

Janelle said...

You got a good one!

Christensen's said...

Wow! I can't imagine a degree in Biology. And that is great that he did well on his test. Tell him congrats! We definetly need to get together sometime. It sounds like Riley is pretty busy, I feel bad because Jed usually gets home from work at 7. I really shouldn't complain.

Diana said...

"Yeah, for Riley he's our Man, if he can't do it...No one can! Go RILEY!!!" My thoughts and prayers too are with you and Riley when you finish these next few months/years. It seems like we just went through the same thing...you will survive and really have a real job one day! You can do it! Krista, you make his life easier because your the BEST wife/mommy ever! So way to go. At least you don't give him anything else to stress about. Nice job. We love you tons. Di

Elissa said...

I love how you can keep in touch this way. Its great. Kennady is so cute and is getting so big! What a doll! Good luck with the studying Riley.

Grandma Lou said...

Hey Krissie--Way to deservedly brag about your hard working, intelligent, considerate and fun hubby. Your little family is such a blessing to Dad and me. We love you, and I looovvve your sweet little bundle of Sunshine--Kennady Lou. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful, righteous people to call "our children and friends." Love, Momma
PS--Good luck to Riley and schedule in a date now that I'm , back home to watch Kennady. . .