Monday, November 3, 2008

SUPER PECKS!!!


Let's just say I went a little over the top this Halloween. I couldn't help it though I'm always looking for ways to embarrass Riley and I think tights were the perfect ticket this year! Actually, Ri didn't put up much of a fuss when he found out about the tights - should I be worried? My Grandma had a ton of extra fabric so it made it easy to throw some costumes together and spend close to nothing for them - thanks Grandma!

"Two of these things are not like the others....." just kidding Ang! My sister had her two boys be cowboys while the other kids were all super heroes. It would be interesting to see who would win a brawl two cowboys with guns or six super kids....hmmm. Diana sewed the other five super kid costumes - I owe the cute idea to her.
We began the night by carrying Kennady around while trick or treating...... After some time she chose to walk rather than let us carry her....

She then realized that Riley and I were only holding her back and she was off on her own with her bucket and all....

Riley and I couldn't believe that Kennady ditched us so soon on her very first Halloween I thought that might happen when she turned 15 YEARS not 15 MONTHS! ( I know we don't look sad but we were crying inside )

Here is Kennady the morning after Halloween still high on her candy intake - it was 8:30am and Riley insisted on letting her eat a Kit Kat and some candy corns as a reward for her hard work the night before. Thank you Kennady (and Rem) for trick or treating all night so Riley and I can refill our candy supply :)

I think Randy looks pretty good with blonde hair - but really ANY hair would be nice :) I absolutely love Halloween with the Peck family. Everyone dresses up and we spend the night handing out hot dogs to the trick or treaters.

Laurie made Jacey's cute witch costume - it was absolutely adorable! Luckily she promised me that Kennady can borrow it when she is older.

Lexi was a poodle skirt gal and Courtney was some country singer that I've never heard of before...not surprising I'm really out of the "cool music" loop these days. I spend my time enjoying Wee Sing Silly Songs and the Children's Primary Song Book.

Katie and Reagan said next year that they'll have cute matching costumes. I can't blame them they are still newleyweds and hardly thinking about silly things like Halloween costumes!
Grandma and George they were awarded the scariest costumes thanks to good old Wallie's World

Last but not least here is my brother in law, Dave. Well, well, well what do I say about Dave? In the past he has been the Joker with a tight green spandex outfit and Napolean Dynamite with huge hair and big glasses. This year we were all disappointed in his lack of participation. I know I'm not supposed to do this Dave but I ADMONISH you to do a little better next year so you are picture worthy. (This picture was taken months ago since I didn't take one of him on Halloween due to his lame non-existent costume).
I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday...HAPPY HALLOWEEN!












8 comments:

Andee said...

How much fun does this look?! You guys look so great in your costumes! I love the picture of Kennedy in her PJ's with her candy.. She looks SO HAPPY!

Great idea with the tights! Tell Riley he pulls it off well! :)

Janelle said...

This is my favorite post of all times. You and Riley deserve an award for those costumes. I love the picture of Kenned with all of her candy.

It was so good to see you last week! Let's do it again soon.

The Richardsons said...

O my gosh you are amazing! I cant believe you made those costumes! You are so impressive too me! betsey

Camron Amy Brycson said...

What a fun, festive family you have. Riley is such a good sport. Camron would have told me where to stick the tights if I asked him to wear them!! LOVE the picture of Kennady with all her candy, she is soooo stinkin cute!

Christensen's said...

Looks like so much fun! Doesn't Halloween just get more and more fun with kids? It looks like Kennady hit the jackpot! Good job on the costumes, they are darling!

Diana said...

Fun fun fun! I loved our hot dog outing as well. I can't get over that cute picture of kennady and the candy! Good thing kids have dads to let them have moments like that to smile!! I'm thankful for all of her candy too. Because now there will be real treats at your house and not just weight watcher treats!!! YEAH.

Kateka said...

I love your outfits! I am seriously very impressed with your imagination and making these outfits by yourself. Bravo!

Grandma Lou said...

Krissie, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE reading your blogs!!!! Kennady LOU is SO CUTE!!! You really did have a great Halloween!!! The Pecks are such a fun family--arncha glad I helped you make the RIGHT decision???? You need to count the super hero children again--you little math graduate you--there are 7 of them. . . Love, Mom