Thursday, January 22, 2009

Update on Hays...

Riley and I are still enjoying ourselves in Hays, Kansas. The midwest is truly a welcoming and friendly place. The longer we are here the more comfortable we have become. Dr. Finck took us out to dinner last night at the Rooftop, it was a lower class knock-off of the Roof in downtown Salt Lake City. He has insisted on purchasing our meals ever since we've arrived and we have truly appreciated his generosity. He is the professor that opened his home up to the two of us. We are staying in his spare bedroom.

Yesterday we were so excited to meet a fellow graduate student from Bountiful. At that time I was feeling a little homesick and then we met Christian who told us about himself and his wife. Christian and his wife are members of the church and he raved about the wonderful ward and people they have met while they have lived here. I loved the instant connection we felt with him as he told us about the town, his mission, the ward and the area. I am so grateful to be a member of the church and to find an instant friend in even the most remote areas. Christian and his wife Molly are taking us to lunch with the other graduate students this afternoon. I will definitely press Molly for all of the details about moving away from family, etc.

Well for those of you near Nadie kiss her often for me. Love you all.

5 comments:

Diana said...

We are loving her! She looks adorable, thanks to Laurie doing her hair so cute. I'll send you a picture! I said to her, are you ready for a nap? She laid on the floor and started sucking her thumb. She was just waiting for permission! She's really cute. Alayna's adopted her as the "baby" she gets to take care of. She wants nothing to do with the other two boy babies. She's doing great! Don't you worry. I'm glad you're finally recovering from your forever memorable birthday!!! We love you, and we hope you don't find out good info about moving away! We miss you too much and you've already been gone too long. Talk with you soon, Di

Grandma Lou said...

Hey Krissie, Yes, we do miss you both--but we're loving and enjoying little Kennady Lou!!! Dad and I are taking her to Costco in the AM. She's such a fun little person--thanks for sharing!!!! Love, Mom

Kateka said...

Oh the thought of you moving breaks my little heart. I know that what is supposed to happen will happen, but I will be so sad! Oh and I forgot to say I loved all the pictures in the post below. Very clever.

Christensen's said...

Sounds like it has been a rough trip so far. How are you? I had no idea you were thinking about moving out of state for school. You will have to let me know the details. Is the 7th still going to work for you two? Court said it may not. Let me know. We will still get together that night, but if you can't come we will definetely get together again soon!

Anonymous said...

Kris, I am with Sarah and Kateka, I didn't know Riley was considering schools outside of Utah, and I will miss you! I know we don't see each other often, but the thought of it being almost impossible to see you makes me sad. Have fun on your trip and have an incredibly fantastic birthday tomorrow... wow, the big 25!