Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We Are Home....Finally!

It's been a long time but we are home from Kansas - wahoo! If any of you were bored enough to read the post I made while I was there you'll know that it was a vacation full of unfortunate events. However, once we got home the DVD player miraculously started working and our laptop has now been fixed and returned by HP. Sadly, there is no way out of the $160 speeding ticket Riley received for driving 19 miles too fast, oh well. Here are a few pictures of the trip... On our way home we were forced to drive as slow as 20 mph due to ice on the roads...we counted and it was near 12 or more cars that had slid off of the road. There was even a van that slid off of the road right in front of us and into the gully...scary! We were so grateful that we arrived home safely.
Riley is embarrassed because I'm taking pictures on campus - lame!


Here is the Biology building where we spent the majority of the time visiting with professors. It was a beautiful campus.

Unlike Riley I don't mind being cheesy and taking a picture!

Riley's look says it all, this is how we spent the night celebrating my birthday - good memories!

Inside the student center on campus
I do have to say that the midwest has some pretty incredible sunrises - try to ignore the dirty window.

Of course I had to document the speeding ticket with a picture

I look happy but honestly I really wanted to stab that laptop with the screwdriver I had in my hand...I just didn't think HP could fix the puncture wounds

Oh delicious my stomach is growling just thinking about the Texas Roadhouse scones.....aaahh! Yum! I know there were some annoyingly funny events through this trip which made it even better for Riley and me. If any of you are looking for a vacation I totally recommend Hays!










3 comments:

Diana said...

I'm glad you guys documented this trip so well. It will provide for many funny memories. Too bad about the speeding ticket. I guess you guys can't party as much now! You need your lap top back so I don't have to share mine anymore!!! :)

Kateka said...

Well, ya know, I think the computer completely deserves the puncture wounds it would have received! What a pain. I have a feeling you are going to end up in Kansas, and me too! Because I am going to shove myself in one of your suitcases and come along. I just can't do with out you!

Grandma Lou said...

Krissie-- I love reading your funny little blog comments--you make me laugh--you're sooo CUTE!!! Love, Mom