Friday, February 6, 2009

Blogs are made for bragging...

Growing up there was a lady down the street from me (family you will know her, Lynette) who made the best rolls and baked goods. Everytime I was at her house they had the most delicious things to eat. I decided then and there that I wanted to grow up to become like Lynette, well no one told me how difficult it would be to bake bread. After five long years of countless failed attempts I believe last night I made my first official baking success. I used the Lion House Roll recipe that can be found on my sister's blog, www.myfoodstoragedeals.blogspot.com, and with the extra tips from my Aunt Kath I believe I have acheived my goal. Now I might not be able to duplicate them but at least I'll know that once in my life I made a stinkin' good roll! This really is the best recipe they are soft and most and really dense - they aren't airy like most homemade bread. I also got ambitious and made homemade pigs in a blanket - oh my word I was in heaven! I used the really yummy Nathan's hot dogs (pure beef) and I felt like I took a trip back to childhood - really they were so good! Don't worry Riley and I didn't eat all six ourselves we made double for lunch today! If you think this sounds like a healthy meal I'll just tell you that we ended the night with homemade cinnamon rolls - can you tell we are on a diet?

Thanks for letting me brag and share in my joy - I can now die in peace knowing that I acheived my goal!














7 comments:

Camron Amy Brycson said...

Those look amazing..You truly are a little Betty Crocker. I just have one question, Where's my taste?;)

Kateka said...

If I could, I would reach in through the computer and eat my way to heaven with these delicacies (sp?) you've made!

Betsy Fox said...

Congratulations! Of course, now that you have admitted your accomplishment you will be asked to bring your delicious homemade rolls to every family function.
Ooh, just thinking about your rolls makes me feel like munching.

Grandma Lou said...

Hey, Krissie--can I take you up on your dinner offer!!! They look DELICIOUS!! I'm really sorry I missed it!!!
Love, Mom

Abe Fox said...

And NOW........I have tasted the goodness. THOSE ROLLS were AWESOME you dropped off today!! THANKS!! Betsy and I gobbled them up before the kids even had a chance to ask.......and then they were gone......much too quickly.

Really thank you very much for the surprise......I will now request to be the Peck's hometeacher Forever.

Jessica said...

Ah! I'm drooling! Those look so yummy! Kennady is such a doll, I love the video of her talking, so cute!!

Shandra said...

As a witness, they were the BEST rolls I have ever had!!! I am still thinking of them today. Nice job Kris! You are the official family roll maker from now on.

Way to not give up :)